Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First walls go up

It is always so cool to stand up you first wall, I'll be done in no time I say to myself. Then reality sets in, and the long process begins. Progress is coming in the first 2 days of work this week and the goal would be to have all the first floor walls stood by friday. Sure do hope so. I'm deep in focused thought about the final placement of int. walls and door sizes and clearances for casements of windows and doors. The beauty of building what you have designed and drawn, is that you are able to make adjustments as you go along. If you dont make too many changes, then you have done a good job on your design in the first place. I'm really happy so far that my vision for this site and home seems to be on target. The focus from the start has been to create a feeling of being in the Gorge, a part of the bluffs and the forest, and a connection with the creek below. I want folks reaction to be wow when they pull up, and wow when they walk in. I am mezmerized by the wow right now, and constantly look at my suroundings. Wake up Roger, time to get back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Too cool. I remember all of this happening with the cabin way back when. It seems like sooooo long ago now! Hopefully a fully functioning bathroom will go in sooner in the Gorge House than it did in the Hideout.

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete