Sunday, July 17, 2011

DRIED IN AT LAST

Big day friday, metal roof is complete over the main body of the house. This has been work that I did not want to do, becouse of being uncomfortable 30' up on a slippery roof. And thank god I found some excellant help to do a great job. Next week we will do all of the soffitts and facia first, then install all the windows up high. At the same time, we will be building the massive main deck so we can put on the shed roof over the deck. I have all my subs hired except sheetrock, and over the next month we will see the place really take shape. It is exciting to be close to finishing the framing portion of the project, and get to what I'm good at; trim carpentry. I am still looking for my cedar posts, and it's time to get my cherry log cut into lumber. I will start on these types of projects while the guys are finishing all the tall work. In 2 weeks, vacation on the beach for 10 days. Yahoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment