Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We had a great 4th of July, hope everyone else did too. Spent time at the river and the lake, and even with the boat, I do prefer the river. I am just a river person, and I feel so lucky to live so close to the 1st National River in the country. It was awesome watching fireworks from our neighbors just over the horizon, and we also did our own. Matt lit all of them, even the big daddys.  It was good to get back to the task at hand though. Did not have a full crew, I'm getting used to it. I will refrain from any comments. Making progress just the same, and it feels like when we built the cabin becouse today Scott Jones came to work with David. He seems like a good hand, now if he will just show up everyday. Today I ordered the metal roof and the fireplaces so by thursday we will be installing roofing. Yoohoo!!!!! I only have these guys for 5 more days, so the push is on to get in the dry. Itried to stay in the shade all day, which is getting easier becouse of the roof going on. Building a house is like getting your a-- kicked everyday, becouse there is always something that does not go according to plan. But you have to adapt and overcome if the final product is to be outstanding. In spite of all the butt-kickings, things are going well. Later,  RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment