Monday, December 5, 2011

Kayakers in the Gorge


Got a big rain saturday night and brought the creek up. It's my job to let folks know what the level is, so I got up and went to look at the creek.. It's a go! The kayakers were headed our way. I went down and talked with them about what level would be considered minimum, we are trying to co-relate my gauge to paddling. Some folks who were not boating came down and hiked into the gorge to check out the action at the Mushroom. Man I wish I did'nt have to work all day getting ready for foam insulation. It was so cool watching the guys come through R and R rapid right below us, but a heavy fog kept visibility low for much of the time. After the excitement died down I got to work, and late in the day I found another leak, damn! Cannot do insulation with any leaks! Also our stereo guy did not show, and we have to have it done before foam. So, foam was delayed another day.  All the siding is done, except the crawlspace, and it looks great! It is time to make this place feel like a house with sheetrock and wood ceiling. I worked long and hard yesterday, and I will do the same today. But it is snowing outside and sticking too, so who knows how things will turn out. Ok, just walked outside and there is 1/2" of snow on ground. Winter up here starts early.   Hope it does'nt cause more delays. Take Care, RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment