Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Roger's 1st Descent of Rapids Below House

Well, I could'nt stand it any more so I got my boat and gear and descended into the Gorge. There had been about 3/4" of rain during the night and the creek had risen to 6" on the gauge, it was time to test the bottom level of what could be run in the rapids below our house. First off, I really have to get a good trail down there. Secondly, about 3" more of water is needed for a low water run. But I ran about 600' of the creek and had a blast, there are 2 really good class III drops, and alot of II+ boogie water. It was awesome just to get my boat on the water and look up to see our house. A dream come true for me. But there was alot of effort involved and I can't wait to get my stairway and trail developed, and clear some spots by the creek for a true wild ozark stream park. I just have got to find a paddling buddy to go when the creek comes up, but the experiance showed me what is possible in my own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment