Thursday, January 12, 2012

Making Everyday Count

Ok, Getting so much done the past couple of days that I hate to break stride. I'm really focused in on sticking with projects until they are complete, and it's making a differance. The railing on the upstairs deck is almost done, and that would leave only 10 l.f. left to build.  The hot tub deck is built, and we will be soaking within a couple of days. I have also started on the interior ceiling and I love the way it looks, it also is the easiest ceiling board I have ever installed. I have decided to install all material that I have and not order anything else until I dont have anything left, that way all loose ends will be tied up as we go along. This means that I will be installing ceiling boards for the next several weeks, and it also means that the big bundles of lumber that have dominated the site for the last 9 months will be completely gone soon. The last utility to install is the septic system, and the site needs to be clear to get that done. It all is coming together for the final pushes, and the biggest efforts from me. I was installing ceiling last night until 9:30 and this will become the norm. By my estimate, around 120 labor hours are needed to complete all of the 3600 sf  interior and exterior ceiling. I will need help on at least 1500 sf of that and my goal is to be finished in 3 weeks with all of it.  After that, It's time to start on all the trimwork in the awesome room and the rest of the house. Well, there is a light dusting of snow on the ground and it looks like this will be the coldest day of winter so far. It has been such a mild winter so far, a welcome relief since the past two winters were so cold. But I need to find something to do, so I'll leave you now and get something done today. SYOTMS

1 comment:

  1. I might have to make a spring break trip up, even if it is an 11 hour drive! Can't wait to see it finished.

    -Whitney

    ReplyDelete