Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wood Ceilings and Log Posts

OK, quick update. I have decided to spend the money on labor to get all the ceilings done, and after our first day installing, feel like we should be done in a couple of weeks. This is the biggest project left to do and using a 3 man crew speeds installation up a bunch. I can really begin to see the end coming soon( not the end of the world), and after the ceiling is done, the floor will be the biggest project left. I finally found a good source for cedar logs and went to the mill and picked up 15 logs for posts. When I asked how much?, the good man said 6 bucks a piece. WWW-hat, wow, that's cheap. Good logs too, so a major score for me. He also has a bandsaw to cut up my massive logs for the awesome room, and to cut my cherry logs into lumber. After they are cut, I will deliver them to the planing and drying mill just a couple miles down the road. It is so cool having these small mills around here to work with. Not one piece of trim in our house will have come from a lumber yard or home center, it will be one of a kind. I also installed  the door to the crawlspace on sunday and completed the hot tub deck, so things are being knocked off the list fast.  I'll take some pics today and post of all the latest progress, everyone have a great day. SYOTRS  Hollohead

No comments:

Post a Comment