Monday, March 25, 2013

Blue Winter and Cold Water

Pictures to wet the appetite 














Man, this March has been as cold as it was hot last March, and I'm going just a little crazy. It's snowing right now with nothing showing on the radar, and it has snowed at least 8 days in March so far.  But, we have not gotten a really good snow, mostly just pretty to look at because the Gorge looks awesome dressed up in snow. I guess we were lucky to squeeze out 4 days on the river this past week during spring break, although I would have liked more. The wind has been ferocious since last thursday, and combined with temps in the 30s, have made going outside unpleasant. I need to get out bad, going crazy in this house, guess I'll just bundle up and drop into the Gorge, where a man can escape the wind. Hoping to get a big enough rain to test out the new raft on the Hailstone run on upper Buffalo soon, that would get me going. April can't come soon enough, it's time for the blue winter to be over, and the beautiful Ozark spring to begin. I need sunshine and water!!!!!! the Hollohead

No comments:

Post a Comment