Friday, May 3, 2013

Crazy Weather Spring

It's May 3rd, my daughter Whitney's 29th birthday, and it's snowing up on the mountain---HARD. Happy birthday Whit, have an awesome day. Hope the trees survive another crazy event, I would sure hate to see them all lose their leaves like they did a couple of years ago after a very hard freeze. I was hoping that Jeff and I would get a Hailstone run on saturday, but snow doesn't run off fast enough to create big water so it looks unlikely, I will still hold out hope though. Good God, I am tired of the cold weather, give me some warm temps and deep water baby. I mean what a crazy scene, green and white landscape. It needs to warm up so Matt and I can get in the river and practice with his new kayak with a skirt, man-skirt as he calls it. He can't run the river until he knows how to get out of his boat and skirt if he goes upside down. It becomes more serious with a enclosed boat, more fun, but more serious too. We will spend all summer at the swimming holes practicing rolling and wet exits, so when next paddling season rolls around, he will be ready to step it up a notch. I have been working on the last of the french drain, and the front porch, and we built the hot tub deck last week. Getting close to completion on the whole house, and have started working on the grounds. Before that, I had been working on the trail down in the gorge, which is going to be stunning. It will take another year for me to complete the first phase of development on our property, which includes a gear barn and trails above and in the gorge, but big things are planned for this place










No comments:

Post a Comment