Saturday, August 17, 2013

Jazz's Serendipity Sunset

I buried my best buddy Jazz yesterday evening in the pet cemetary in Outlaw Hollow beside two other great dogs, bro Scott's Molly, and Mom and Dad's Chelsey. I wrapped his box in an American flag that I found at our store and needed to be properly disposed of, and Jazz was the all American dog, so I thought it appropriate. Thankfully my buddy Tim Fletcher, a true dog lover himself, helped me to bury Jazz with his backhoe.  It makes me feel better that Jazz has been laid to rest in what was truly his paradise. Before Tim got there, I had a chance to walk around a bit and remember, Jazz was everywhere, he had been on so many hikes and hung with me as I built trails, that his presence is all over the place, and it was hard to take. But as time passes, it will become easier to enjoy his spirit that is  so evident when I am in the Hollow. I jumped in the truck and climbed the hill out of the Hollow and found Tim loading his tractor, I stopped to thank him again, and he said, "check it out, it's Jazzy's sunset". I turned and saw what had somehow escaped my attention, the most incredible sunset I had ever seen on the mountain. Tim and I both stood in awe for a few moments just admiring on of God's awesome works, finally I said, "thank you so much Tim for bringing this to my attention". So fitting, so perfect, it was the serendipity I needed to close this chapter in the journey of life. I will never forget Jazz's last sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment