Friday, March 25, 2011

Let's Get This Started

Forms are off, and the foundation is just about done. Only thing left is completing the piers, which I will do myself over the next few days.  Things are off and running, material for cripple walls and mudsills has been delivered, Termite pretreatment is being done this morning, met with Carroll Electric on power yesterday, ordered engineered flooring system yesterday, orderded entire framing package yesterday. Next wednesday will be a big day, flooring system and framing package will be delivered and I will spend all day on a rented Skytrac unloading a semi trailer full of wood. I also will move all of the material we have been storing at the Warrens down to the building site. Our house will be on the side of the mountain just laying there ready to be built. I will get everything ready and staged before I get some carpentry help. I will complete the cripple walls and piers myself, then enlist some help begining on the mudsill and floor. The official start for me is when the first board is layed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment