Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sweet Summer

I'll be honest, I really enjoy the summer up here. It's not the kind of heat that I'm used to, and it does'nt feel oppressive until August. By that time its almost fall and I know relief is on the way. Going swimming at the end of the day cools you down so much that the cool evenings feel great being outside. The past couple of nights have been in the 60's so I have enjoyed a fire down at the site. You get to meet cool people at the river vacationing who are all very curious about how we get to live here. And there are always kids at the river for Matt to play with. If I was'nt workin so hard, I would feel like I'm on vacation. I think our family forgets how fun it is here in the summer, there havent  been many visitors to the cabin in the past couple months. I guess I will start booking friends to stay in the cabin and keep me company. Made good progress this week, but the other crew still has not shown up. I am going to act like they are not coming, and just push on. I am thinking of ways to deal with the staggering height of the roof becouse I will probably end up doing it myself. The next 2 weeks will be huge if I can stay on track. Expect pictures of the roof and deck, and the completion of the main framing. Seeing the rafters go up has been a huge emotional lift, and has given me recharged batteries. One of the biggest challenges has been to keep all of my energy focused on the house day after day, and it will be so good to have the plumber, electrition, and hvac guys to keep things rolling when the framing is done. Thankfully, I have Robyn to run the store and to do so many other things that allow me to build our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment