Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Paddling Fever

It's spring break! An awesome time to live by the Buffalo River. We had 14 people on the river saturday, including Matt in his kayak who soloed the whole river and showed good boat control. Robyns good freinds from south Arkansas came up for a couple days, and we just had a great weekend. Everyone was in awe of the house and where it sits, and it sure made me proud to hear their comments. I will get as much done this week as possible, but I also want to do some river camping, you just can't ignore the river when it's this time of year. I wish I had some pics of our trip to show, but I need a river camera. The Osage is ripping, and I have let everyone know it is ready to go, hopefully we'll get a chance to watch some folks run the Gorge from our back deck. --------Just got back from looking at the creek and I am salivating becouse it is perfect for me right now, the first drop now merges into one long rapid with the second drop becouse of the damn being blown out by last years big flood, and it looks like nothing but fun. With more rain on the way, it looks like I might get some paddling in this week. Yeehaw-----oh yea, the house, I guess it will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment