Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Frustrations Set in on Blog and House

The rock masons are rocking and rolling along, and it looks fantastic. All of the columns are complete and the outdoor fireplace as well, they are working on the interior fireplace today. The rock completes the look, and compliments everything so well. My choice was to go with a rock that looked more local, but Robyn has great taste and I am so glad I trusted her judgement becouse it looks perfect. Next on the schedule is the hardwood floors and interior woodwork, so I need to find my groove. I have really been discombobulated lately and to tell the truth, have been very unproductive. If you read the heading on this blog, it mentions frustrations, and I guess that's where I'm at. Speaking of Robyn's tastes, the colors for the paint she chose are awesome and create the mood of the house. I admit it, she coordinates all the paints, flooring, and wood finishes so much better than I do, even though there are no stains on any of the woodwork , the differant woods we are using are all very distictive looks and actually will darken with aging. Walnut and cherry floors
, walnut window sills, cherry paneling in the awesome roocherry window and door trim, cherry door jambs, and solid one piece walnut stair treads. Not one piece of trim or woodwork will have come from a lumber yard, it's a truly custom house that has been milled as much as built. It will be very interesting to see what the appraiser values it at becouse there are not many like it. well,

No comments:

Post a Comment