Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Evil Stairs









Enough of the negativity, full steam ahead, 1-2-3 steps a day, whatever it takes, I can do this. I still hate the stairs, but they are standing in the way of progress and I will not quit until they are done. Oh yea, they are very beautiful. My next project will be the oven cabinet in the kitchen and the huge valance that goes over the cooktop cabinets. Then I  will install the rest of the window trims and the ext. door trims. After that it's time to install all finish plumbing and electrical lights and fans. I will finish all of the projects that we already have material for and then get busy on what's left, which should be kitchen cabinets and septic system. Oh yes, can't forget the interior doors, which should be a pretty tough project, but easier than the stairs. And of course the awesome room cherry paneling is still left. It appears that the stairs and paneling will have been the hardest woodwork to do, and I wish I had an easier way, but some things just are a bitch. My estimate is about a month of hard work to complete all these items, and then another month to finish up. That would put us at mid July to put an end to this adventure, just in time for vacation on the beach. After the stairs I should be in a zone on woodworking and really kick ass the rest of the way. Later, The Hollohead

No comments:

Post a Comment