Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Master of the Stairs

And just like that, the stairs are almost done. Went to work yesterday and within 30 minutes had figured out the right sequence and process for installing the treads. I finished 7 treads in 1 day, matching my total from the previous 5 days effort. Crazy isn't it, but that's the way it goes.  I will continue making the woodpile disappear and all other materials that are on job site. My nightmare has ended and it's on to easier and faster jobs. I  wish I had figured it out sooner, because I did so much better a job on the last 7.  They really are a piece of art, but I will always still harbor a small grudge against them, can't wait to get a finish on them.  Playing the Low Gap Cafe tonight and having a lot of family and friends come by. Should be a blast,  were gonna go get some swimming in at Steele Creek before setting up. I'll post pics of the completed stairs later. The next month will be Roger's wood shop at the house, it's all stuff I'm good at, but there is a lot to do. Still, this is the fun stuff, everything I do completes something, and I get to create things from thin air. Victory is MINE!!!!!! Later, Filled up Hollohead

No comments:

Post a Comment