Friday, July 13, 2012

Finished Floor and Erbie










Ok, so the first coat of poly is on the floor, went on real good and we should get second coat on today. Don't know if we'll need third coat until second coat dries, so either we're done, or close. It simply looks awesome and is definitely one of the best features of the house. It's getting to the point that no matter where you are looking there is a feature that stands out. We have had several visitors in the past few days, and the comments of these folks has confirmed what is becoming apparent. The whole house is basically eye candy and one of a kind. I love this, I hate following the crowd, and my whole goal was to throw convention out the window. We are getting so close to finishing that my mind is wandering to the next projects and buildings. The house is just the beginning of what's planned for the Gorge. Late last night I had a brain storm and I believe I have come up with the answer to what is next for me. I need to find the perfect place to make this idea come alive, but it fits perfectly with our karma and it would be totally unique. After the floors are done, our next project is the interior doors and jambs. This is a lot of labor, and I estimate that it will take a week or more of all of us getting after it. I still have the built-ins in the master bath, the island, the massive valance in the kitchen, and the entertainment center, to build from the walnut plywood that is going in today. The big outside project left is the front entry porch, about a week of hard labor there. I also have got to find a way to get the plumber, the rock masons, and the septic guy, to show up and do the remaining work. It's all coming together for a mid september move-in. Matt and I went down to Erbie yesterday to check things out. Man did we have a good time, you forget what's down there and we toured the old Parker-Hickman farm site. Matt was so curious about the old buildings, he really loves history. Then we went to the Erbie campground just around the corner and WOW, what a swimming hole!! Had the place all to ourselves, which is probably the case most of the time. The road to Erbie has just been repaired after years of neglect and is in fine shape now. This would really add to our adventures, theres hiking trails all over the place down there, and a swimming hole for summer! Hope everyone has an awesome weekend, and come see us anytime. Gone, gone, gone, The Hollohead

No comments:

Post a Comment