Friday, April 22, 2011

More Rain

We really need rain. The past two nights we have had huge 100 mile wide systems bearing down on us with the certainty of massive rain. Then right before it gets to us, magically somehow stops or goes around us. Of course I have not done any work becouse of what seems to be so certain. And there is no water in the Buffalo, at least the level that is needed for good kayak fun. I've hired a crew who is supposed to work for me next week, but it looks like it's going to rain all week. After next week they wont be available, so it looks like I'm out of luck with that. To tell the truth, the elements are kicking my ass. You need some luck sometimes, and I'm sure that things will turn around and quick progress will be made. Meantime, I need to get my jolly's out in the wild. The past few days have been very stressful at work and I need to recharge my optimism. I'm waiting to see if the river came up enough to go surfing at Greyrock, or if I will just go into the Gorge for a hike.   Happy Easter everyone. Easter was always a big day with my Mom, and we will go help my Dad to celebrate just like we always did. Easter will always be a day when I really miss her the most. We always went to church and sang so loudly together, we love you Mom.

1 comment:

  1. you should have been careful what you wished for...you got the rain.

    trent

    ReplyDelete