Friday, September 30, 2011

I had to make a decision on a couple of big trees that were too close to the house and had bad leans, I hate cutting big trees, but for future safety I did it. This does two things, it opens up the veiw alot and looks great. And , it takes away a little of the treehouse feel. They were also in the hot tub area so taking them out lets me build the decks there. The siding is going on quickly, and looks great. The hvac is done, the electrician is on the job, and the plumber continues to confound me. We are going on 7 weeks on the job and he is not finished. Litigation is not out of the question, but he will not stop the progress of the job. I went to the cabin yesterday and brought some of the wood that my Dad gave me back over. This wood is cherry and walnut that Dad has hauled with him for over 54 years!!!!!!!! Can you beleive it! It is beautiful stuff, I planed down a couple of pieces and wow. It will be so cool to be a part of our new home and it also puts more  salvalged material into the house. I'm going green baby! This past week some color in the forest has started appearing, we might have a better fall than everyone seems to think. It so often is the case, that the sky is not falling, there are 100 yr. floods not perfectly 100 yrs. apart, summers and falls are dry, and we might have a hard winter 2 yrs in a row. This has been the norm for most of my life in the Ozarks and Arkansas, yet now many say this is abnormal. I just dont understand, I guess some people are not happy unless everything is perfect. This next week hold alot of accomplishments, goals are;do more siding, buy rock for exterior, work on exterior door frames, build front deck and shed roof, and get the plumber to finish. I also need to line up a sheetrock sub becouse the interior work is coming up. Everyone enjoy this wonderful fall weather we are having, dont worry, it will rain again. But if it does before the trees turn, it will mute the color. Oh yea, I defend my outhouse races championship today on the square in Harrison, look out Boy Scouts, I take no prisoners. My high performance racing outhouse if

No comments:

Post a Comment