Sunday, September 25, 2011

Timeline Comes Together

The past 2 weeks have been tough, troubles at the store have demanded that I give my full attention there. Of course that means the house has suffered, but Scott has done a good job keeping things going. Let's see, I got the arched window above the front entry installed, and that's about it for me for the past ten days. But, I have accomplished other things; fireplace chase caps ordered and p/up, plate glass ordered, 1st fire in outdoor fireplace enjoyed, and taken the planer in to be fixed. Scott has been working on doing all the little things to get ready for foam insulation, completing the many things left undone along the way, and has started the siding. Mike the HVAC man has done a great job, working with me to make sure that I get what we want, he has accomadated my every request. Brian the plumber is doing a good job, but is slow as christmas and is driving me crazy. I hate to get mean, but I can and I will. Five weeks is too long for a rough-in plumbing. Next up is the electrician, I think he's going to be good, I've heard alot of good things about him. Septic will begin in the next 2 weeks, after that the mechanics are done until fixtures are installed. Hopefully, I will be able to return to my construction job this week and get things done. The next projects for me are; 1. Exterior door frames built and installed. 2. complete all plate glass frames and install 3. complete the deck railing. 4. build front porch and front deck. 5. build front shed roof. 6. continue siding 7. get some rock work going to beat the cold. This should all take about a month of good work. That would take me to the end of October and  the house would be completely done on the exterior with the exception of the porch and deck ceilings. That would leave me about 3 1/2 months to complete the project within the year timeframe, a do-able goal. The deadline can be extended, but it costs money and more rent to us in our current home. One thing that has the potential to cause me delays is rockwork, which I should have payed more attention to becouse of cold temperature issues. We will be working on the interior before I know it, and I cant wait. SYOTMS      Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment