Saturday, January 28, 2012

Remembering Jeff Gwaltney


Today is the one year anniversery of my friend Jeff Gwaltney's death in an accident on the way to work on our house. Jeff was a great guy, and I think of him often still, and pass by where this terrible accident occurred every time I go into town. The week prior to his death was a beautiful warm week of Ozark winter sunshine, and we had enjoyed so much becoming good friends and so much commaraderie. My friend and nieghbor Tim Fletcher had also worked with us that week and had really got to know and like Jeff. Tim was on the scene as a first responder at Jeff's accident, and had to make the call to inform me of his passing. It was all a very tough time making sense of this, becouse there was no sense, and just a cruel timing of fate. The story just continued getting worse as the other man in the crash was charged with vehicular manslaughter and ended up taking his own life. I know this is a real downer to talk about, but I always want to remember and talk about Jeff. He would be really proud of the way things are coming together. The day before Jeff died, I bought a piece of his artwork entitled 'Van Gouge's Twin Brother' . We will be showing it off in our new home, and will always tell the story of our brief friendship with Jeff.  Rest in Peace Brother, we have missed you and your energy and sense of humer.

No comments:

Post a Comment