Sunday, February 19, 2012

Making it to the Big Stage at Low Gap Cafe

So, I played my first gig at Low Gap Cafe last night. Things went really well and of course I learned alot about the accoustics, which of course sucked. Next time I will use a small amp for the guitar and vocals, and sit in a differant spot. But I did get alot of nice compliments and folks telling me they enjoyed it. After talking with Nick, it seems that this will become a regular thing, even though I really sucked. It had been over a year since I played in public, and I have not been playing on a regular basis, so I was definately rusty and not at the top of my game. However, I did put out a strong set of songs when the most people were there. I am going to add some James Taylor and other more well known tunes to my song list becouse there is going to be some good crowds on the back deck this spring and summer. I am really excited to have a venue to share my tunes with folks, and just like Nick's menu, folks will be getting something unexpected from my music. Life just gets better and better up here on the mountain, and I'm loving it. What I'm not loving is painting and clear sealing and there is still a bunch to do. But I am going to stick with it till it's done, becouse after painting it's almost all woodwork, which is my strongpoint.  It's a beautiful day on the mountain, and I really need to work, but Scott and Jim are going on a hike and I would love to go.  I will post some updated photos later of the latest progress, and perhaps of a hike if I'm lucky. SYOTRS

No comments:

Post a Comment